During the 2014 Legislative Session it was approved that high school juniors or seniors that meet admission requirements could qualify to take dual credit courses through any of the six South Dakota Public Institutions of Higher Education or state Technical Schools at the rate of $48.33/credit plus books and fees. This is significantly cheaper than the rate that students will pay when they graduate and move on to college. This site has been created for Hanson students and parents to access and find information about this opportunity.
Admission Requirements for Dual Credit Opportunities through the Six BOR Universities
(BHSU, DSU, Northern State, SDSMT, SDSU, USD)
- A high school junior or senior attending a public high school within SD
- If high school senior:
- Earn an ACT Composite of 21; or
- rank in the upper one-half of their graduating class; or
- earn a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- If high school junior attending a public high school within SD:
- Earn an ACT score of 24; or
- rank in the upper one-third of their graduating class; or
- earn a cumulative GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale.
Admisson Requirements for Dual Credit Opportunities through State Technical Institutes
(Lake Area, Mitchell Tech, Southeast Tech, Western Dakota Tech)
Each program at the Technical Institutes has unique entrance requirements
Students may enroll in certain courses at the technical institute without applying for admission to a program. However, the student may need to meet the admissions criteria baseed on an entrance exam or related coursework.